Tuesday, November 01, 2005

All Saints Day

Stjudethaddeus

Tradition brings us to All Saints' Day- the day after Halloween- for Catholics and the Orthodox.

I was baptised and raised Roman Catholic. Needless to say, that has/had a large impact on my life.

Looking over my life, especially almost the entire last half of it- it has sucked due to health problems. These health problems were not due to anything I did and have very little to do with genetics. My bad health was "done" to me. I was an innocent bystander, so to speak. That is about all I'll say about it now.

It is only right that I choose St Jude, the patron saint of "lost causes" and "cases despaired of, " as my focus this holy day. Yep, that pretty well covers me. St. Jude is called upon when all hope is lost, especially in health matters and life-and-death situations.

Here are a few of the prayers to St Jude, including the best known novena:

Most holy Apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered the beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases, of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore you, of this particular privilege accorded to you, to bring visible and speedy help, where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (here make your request), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect forever.

I promise you, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

----

St. Jude, glorious Apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the true Church invokes you universally as the Patron of things despaired of; pray for me, that finally I may receive the consolations and the succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request), and that I may bless God with the Elect throughout Eternity. Amen.

Novena to St. Jude

St. Jude, glorious Apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the true Church invokes you universally as the Patron of things despaired of; pray for me, that finally I may receive the consolations and the succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request), and that I may bless God with the Elect throughout Eternity. Amen.

PRAYER

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time.

Amen.
May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen. Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary

Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father and the Hail Mary)

Dear Apostle and Martyr for Christ, you left us an Epistle in the New Testament. With good reason many invoke you when illness is at a desperate stage. We now recommend to your kindness

{name of patient}

who is in a critical condition. May the cure of this patient increase his/her faith and love for the Lord of Life, for the glory of our merciful God. Amen.


No comments: