Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I never promised you a rose garden.

pk roses1A crazy person, oops, I mean, a faithful reader of this blog recently emailed me. He asked why I do not post regularly. To be honest, I don't feel like it.

Bookseller blogs already exist that are very informative for the industry. In essence, the blogs are an extension of the bookseller's business and often information is also presented for newcomers to the world of selling books. I don't "do" bookselling information for newbies. I have privately mentored and helped people who were serious in really learning the business of bookselling and all that it entails, but I won't do it here.

People expect my blog to be informative. A blog by it's very definition is a personal, online journal. Daily? S'posed to be. I don't feel like doing it daily either. I have a very full, possibly overflowing life.

I've never managed to find my groove here, and outing sucky booksellers would probably cause more problems that it would solve. Complaints arose when I discussed current events, even when tied to books.

Blogging is very time consuming. I have too many, better ways to spend my time. Besides, I never promised you a rose garden.

No comments: